Check our what social selling is and how to use it in 2021
It’s no secret that the introduction of social media in business has changed the game. But has your company caught up with these industry changes? It can be hard to adapt your selling style especially on social media, but the opportunities that come with it are more than worth it. Social selling is the new era of sales tactics that appeals to millennial buyers. Read here exactly what social selling means, why it’s important and how to start trying it out now.
What is Social Selling?
Social selling is about leveraging your social network to find the right prospects, build trusted relationships, and ultimately, achieve your sales goals. This sales technique enables better sales lead generation and sales prospecting process and eliminates the need for cold calling. Building and maintaining relationships is easier within the network that you and your customer trust.
Why Social Selling is Important
You may still be wondering why social selling is important? Well, research says 91% of B2B buyers are now active and involved in social media. And among B2B professionals specifically, 39% said they were able to reduce account research time with social selling tools. We understand that not every sales rep sells the same or that companies have a certain way of doing business, but check out the other benefits to social selling here:
- Builds better relationships with customers.
- More deals closed. 78% of social sellers outsell peers who don’t use social media.
- Monitor and stay ahead of competitors.
- Appeal to younger audiences.
- A strong social media presence will legitimize your business.
- Improve advertising for you and your business.
- Contact your prospects in a more direct and personal way.
How to Start Selling With Social Media
It’s obvious now that social selling works, so how do you start selling that way? Here are some of the first steps you can start today to start selling on social media:
- Choose relevant social media platforms for your business. Instagram, Linkedin and Facebook are among the most popular, but others find success on TikTok and Twitter too.
- Create a wishlist of companies and start following them.
- Join and participate in Linkedin groups.
- Contribute to conversations and reviews about your brand to show that you truly care what your customers are saying.
- Find and create platforms to share relevant content. Blogs and social media are both great ways to share information about your products and participate in online discussion.
These are just some of the first steps you can take to bring a positive presence for your business to social media. It may be scary to start selling your products in a way you never had before, but the key to being successful in social selling is to focus on showing your customers that you’re there, you care, and you can adapt to the times and be there for their pain points through the years.
Start following these steps now and see what it can do for your business. As always, if you need help improving your sales process before advertising it more, schedule a free demo with us now so we can help!