Tired of juggling a million tasks as a sales rep? Don’t worry, we’ve rounded up 19 of the top apps for sales reps to help you survive the wild world of outside sales. From organizing your schedule to reaching out to prospects, and even adding a bit of fun to your day, these apps have got you covered. Say goodbye to regular sales struggles and hello to improved productivity with these tools.
Listed in no particular order.
19 Best Apps for Sales Reps
- World Time Buddy
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
Everlance is a mileage-tracking and expense-management app that can help automate a lot of tedious work. Repetitive tasks are handled by Everlance, allowing reps to focus on sales:
- Mileage Tracking: Everlance can automatically track the miles that sales reps drive for work, eliminating the need for manual tracking and saving time. This can be especially useful for reps who frequently drive to visit customers and prospects.
- Expense Tracking: The app also helps sales reps track and categorize their business expenses, such as meals, lodging, and transportation. This can simplify expense reporting and help reps stay organized for tax purposes.
- Automatic Expense Reports: Have regular expense reports? Everlance can generate them automatically based on the data collected by the app. This can save sales reps significant time and effort in creating expense reports and help ensure accuracy.
- Tax Deductions: Everlance can also help sales reps identify tax deductions related to their business expenses and mileage, potentially reducing their tax burden.
- Integration with Accounting Software: The app also integrates with accounting software, such as QuickBooks, to streamline expense tracking and reporting.
Loom is a video messaging and screen recording app that can help you communicate more effectively and efficiently with customers and teams. These features can potentially lead to increased sales and productivity:
- Personalized Video Messages: Loom makes it easy for sales reps to create personalized video messages for their customers and prospects. This can help reps to stand out from competitors and build stronger relationships with their customers.
- Sales Presentations: You can use the app to record sales presentations, product demos, and other video content that can be shared with customers and prospects. This can help reps to communicate complex information more effectively.
- Collaborative Communication: Have something to share with the team? Record and share video messages, helping to streamline communication and collaboration. This can be especially useful for reps who work remotely or in different locations.
- Time-Saving: Loom can also help sales reps save time by eliminating many repetitive in-person meetings and reducing the amount of needed follow-up communication.
- Analytics: Reps gain access to analytics that show how many people have viewed their videos and for how long. This can help reps to gauge the effectiveness of their messaging and optimize their sales process or goal setting.
3. World Time Buddy
World Time Buddy is a time zone converter and scheduler app that will keep you on top of your schedule and meetings. If you’re working with a company or customer in another state or country, it helps you out with:
- Time Zone Conversion: The app allows reps to convert time zones for any location, making it easier to schedule meetings and calls with customers and prospects in different parts of the world.
- Meeting Scheduling: It also includes a meeting scheduler feature that allows reps to see what time it is in different time zones and easily schedule meetings that work for everyone.
- Customizable Clocks: Reps can create and customize clocks for different time zones, making it easy to track the time in frequently used locations.
Salesforce is among the most popular cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platforms. It can help sales reps to manage their sales process more efficiently and effectively, by allowing:
- Lead and Opportunity Management: Salesforce makes it easy for sales reps to hold leads and sales opportunities in a centralized platform, making it easier to track and prioritize their sales pipeline.
- Automated Sales Processes: The app also includes automated sales processes, such as lead scoring and email automation, that can help reps to streamline their workflow and focus on high-priority tasks.
- Analytics and Reporting: Sales reps can use the analytics and reporting tools to help them track their sales performance, identify trends, and optimize their sales process.
Of course, we had to throw our platform in there as a resource to sales reps and teams!
The SalesRabbit app is part of our outside sales enablement platform designed to help sales reps optimize their field sales efforts. Here are some ways that SalesRabbit can help you in the field:
- Lead Management: Reps now have tools to manage their leads and territories, helping them to stay organized and ensure they visit the right customers at the right time.
- Mapping and Routing: Reps can plan and optimize their routes to minimize driving time and maximize the number of customers they can visit in a day.
- Forms & Integrations: We provide reps with customizable digital forms and robust integrations that can be used to collect customer information, qualify leads, and gather insights to better understand customer needs and preferences.
- Goal Tracking: Now reps can set and track goals, providing them with visibility into their performance and helping them to stay motivated.
- Analytics: Get insights into rep performance, including metrics like conversion rates, lead source performance, and rep activity. These analytics can help reps to identify areas for improvement and optimize their sales efforts.
6. Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud-based storage and collaboration platform within the Google Suite tools that can help sales reps to store, organize, and share important sales documents, and collaborate more effectively, with:
- Easy Access to Documents: Sales reps can use Google Drive to store and access important sales documents, such as sales scripts and product information from any device with internet access.
- Collaboration and Sharing: Easily share files and collaborate on documents in real-time with team members, customers, and prospects. This can help reps to work more efficiently and effectively, especially when collaborating remotely.
- File Organization: Google Drive allows sales reps to organize their files and folders in a way that makes sense to them, making it easy to find the information they need quickly.
- Security and Backup: The app provides security features, such as two-factor authentication and encryption, to protect sales reps’ data from unauthorized access. Additionally, Google Drive automatically backs up data, ensuring that important files are not lost if a device is lost or stolen.
- Mobile Access: It also has a mobile app that allows sales reps to access and edit their files on the go. This can be especially useful for reps who need to access important documents while traveling or in the field.
7. Google Calendar
Google Calendar is another useful tool integrated into the suite of Google products we all use. As a cloud-based calendar application, it can help sales reps to manage their time, schedule appointments, and collaborate. There are several reasons to consider using it if you don’t already:
- Scheduling and Time Management: Sales reps can use Google Calendar to schedule and manage their appointments, meetings, and other important events. This can help them to stay organized and manage their time more effectively.
- Mobile Access: Like other Google apps, it has a mobile app that allows sales reps to access their calendar and schedule appointments on the go. This can be especially useful for reps who need to schedule appointments while traveling or in the field.
- Collaboration: You can share your calendar with team members, customers, and prospects, making it easier to schedule meetings and appointments. This can help reps to work more effectively with others and improve customer relationships.
- Reminders and Notifications: Get people to show up. The app can send reminders and notifications to sales reps, reminding them of upcoming appointments or meetings. This can help to ensure that reps do not miss important events.
- Integration with Other Tools: Google Calendar can be integrated with other tools, such as CRM platforms or email clients, to provide a more comprehensive view of a sales rep’s schedule and sales pipeline.
Slack, something we use every day at SalesRabbit, is a cloud-based team communication and collaboration platform that can help sales reps stay in touch with team members, customers, and prospects while on the go. Features include:
- Mobile Access: Like many apps on this list, Slack has a mobile option that allows sales reps to stay connected and communicate with others on the go. This can be especially useful for reps who need to stay connected while traveling or in the field.
- Channel-Based Communication: Slack also allows users to create channels for specific projects, teams, or topics, making it easy to communicate and collaborate with the right people. This can help sales reps to stay organized and work more efficiently.
- Integration with Other Tools: It can be integrated with other tools, such as CRM platforms or project management tools, to provide a more complete view of a sales rep’s messages and tasks.
- File Sharing: Sales reps can use Slack to share files, such as sales presentations or product information, with team members, customers, and prospects. This can help to ensure that everyone has access to the information they need.
Divvy is a cloud-based expense management platform that can help sales reps to track their expenses, manage their budget, and reduce the likelihood of common errors. Their app helps save time with:
- Automated Expense Tracking: Sales reps can use Divvy to track their expenses automatically as they make purchases using a Divvy debit card.
- Real-Time Spending Alerts: Divvy can send real-time alerts to sales reps when they make purchases or when their spending approaches a budget limit. This can help reps to stay on top of their spending and make informed decisions.
- Mobile Access: You guessed it. Another mobile option that allows sales reps to track their expenses and manage their budget on the go. This can be especially useful for reps who need to make purchases or track expenses while in the field.
- Budget Management: The app allows sales reps to set budgets for specific categories, such as travel or meals, and track their spending against those budgets. This can help to ensure that reps stay within their budget and don’t overspend.
- Integration with Accounting Systems: It can be integrated with accounting systems, such as QuickBooks, to automate expense reporting and make it easier to track expenses and reconcile accounts.
An obvious one is LinkedIn. This social media platform can be a powerful tool for sales reps in the field, helping them generate leads, build relationships, research prospects, and build their brand, through:
- Lead Generation: You can use LinkedIn to find and connect with potential customers and prospects, searching for prospects based on job title, company, industry, location, and more, then sending personalized messages to start a conversation.
- Research and Preparation: Sales reps can use LinkedIn to research prospects and customers before reaching out to them. They can learn about their job responsibilities, career history, interests, and connections, which can help them to personalize their approach and start a conversation on the right foot.
- Brand Awareness: LinkedIn is a useful place to build a personal brand and establish yourself as an industry expert. By sharing thought leadership content, participating in industry groups, and engaging with other users, sales reps can build credibility and authority in their field, which can help them to attract more prospects.
Spotify is a music streaming app that can be a valuable tool for sales reps in the field, helping them continue to learn and develop as sales professionals. Consider using it for:
- Personal Development: Spotify offers a wide range of podcasts and audiobooks that sales reps can use to improve their sales skills and knowledge. By listening to sales-focused podcasts or industry-specific audiobooks, reps can stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices and continue to develop their skills.
- Motivation: Sales reps can use music as a way to boost their energy and motivation throughout the day. Listening to their favorite songs or playlists can help them to stay focused and maintain a positive attitude during long days in the field.
- Relaxation: On the other hand, music can also be used as a way to relax and unwind after a long day. Sales reps can use Spotify to create playlists of calming music to listen to on their way home or while winding down at the end of the day.
HubSpot is another customer relationship management (CRM) software that can help sales reps to be more organized, efficient, and effective with their customer data. Reps often use it for:
- Organization: HubSpot can help sales reps to stay organized and manage their sales pipeline more efficiently. They can use the software to hold customer data in one centralized location, making it easier to send leads and deals back to the whole team.
- Communication: The app offers several communication tools that can help sales reps to stay in touch with prospects and customers. They can use the software to send emails, schedule follow-up calls or meetings, and track interactions.
- Analytics: Sales reps gain access to analytics and reporting tools that can help them to track their performance and make data-driven decisions. They can use the software to monitor key sales metrics, identify trends and patterns, and adjust their sales strategy.
Evernote is a useful note-taking app that can help sales reps to be more organized and effective while in the field. You can access it on the go and keep all your notes backed up. Use it for:
- Note-taking: Sales reps can use Evernote to take notes during client meetings, sales calls, or product demos. They can capture audio, text, and images in one place, making it easier to remember important details and follow up on action items.
- Organization: Evernote allows sales reps to organize their notes in notebooks, tags, and stacks, making it easier to find information later on. They can also use the search function to quickly locate specific notes or information.
- Team Collaboration: You can also share notes with team members or clients, making it easier to collaborate on projects and keep everyone on the same page. Everyone can also use the chat function to communicate with the team.
- Integrations: Evernote integrates with other apps and tools, such as Salesforce, Outlook, and Google Drive, making it easier to access and share information across platforms.
SurveyMonkey is an online survey tool that can help sales reps gather feedback, conduct market research, and analyze data. It helps sales reps improve their sales processes by:
- Collecting Customer Feedback: Sales reps can use SurveyMonkey to collect feedback from customers, prospects, and leads. They can create custom surveys and questionnaires to get feedback on products, services, sales processes, and customer experiences.
- Generating Leads: You can use SurveyMonkey to create surveys that capture leads’ contact information. They can use this information to follow up with leads and nurture them through the sales process.
- Conducting Market Research: The app is also useful for conducting market research and gathering information on market trends, customer preferences, and competitors. This information can help them to better understand their target audience and make informed sales decisions.
- Reporting and Analytics Data: It also provides reporting and analytics tools that allow sales reps to analyze survey data and gain insights into customer feedback, preferences, and behavior. This information can help them to identify opportunities for improvement and make data-driven decisions.
- Useful Integrations: Like many apps, SurveyMonkey integrates with other tools, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and Mailchimp, making it easier to access and share survey data across different platforms.
Grammarly is an online writing tool that can help sales reps to improve their communication, save time, maintain consistency, and create more professional written content because, let’s face it, most people don’t have the best grammar, so if you want to make sure all your messages to potential and current customers sound great, try its features:
- Improving Written Communication: Sales reps can use Grammarly to improve their written communication skills. It provides real-time grammar and spelling checks, as well as suggestions for sentence structure, vocabulary, and tone. This can help sales reps to create more professional and effective emails, proposals, and other written documents.
- Saving Time: Grammarly can help sales reps to save time by catching grammar and spelling errors as they type. This can reduce the time spent on editing and proofreading, allowing sales reps to focus on other tasks.
- Maintaining Consistency: The app also helps sales reps maintain consistency in their writing style and tone. It provides suggestions for consistency, which can help sales reps to create a more cohesive and professional image.
- Providing Insights: Grammarly provides insights into writing habits and patterns. Sales reps can use this information to identify areas where they can improve their writing skills and communication with prospects and customers.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that 300 million people use. It can also help sales reps hold remote meetings, share screens, record meetings, collaborate in real-time, and stay flexible while working in the field. Use it for:
- Remote Meetings: Sales reps can use Zoom to hold remote meetings with prospects and customers who are unable to meet in person. This can be especially useful for sales reps who work in a large geographic area or who have prospects or customers located in different parts of the world.
- Screen Sharing: Zoom also allows sales reps to share their screen with prospects and customers during a meeting. This can be useful for demonstrating products or services, reviewing contracts, and discussing presentations.
- Recording Meetings: You can use Zoom to record meetings for future reference or for sharing with colleagues who were unable to attend. This can be useful for training purposes or for reviewing important details discussed during the meeting.
- Flexibility: There are plenty of options. Zoom can be used on desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This allows sales reps to use the tool from anywhere and at any time, making it a flexible solution for field sales.
Whitepages is a tool that can help sales reps in the field by providing access to a large database of contact information, helping to identify decision-makers. Use it to be more efficient with:
- Finding Contact Information: Sales reps can use Whitepages to search for contact information for businesses and individuals. This can be especially useful for finding new prospects and leads or verifying contact information for existing customers.
- Identifying Decision-Makers: Whitepages can also help sales reps to identify decision-makers within a company by providing job titles and other relevant information. This can help reps to target their sales efforts more effectively.
- Background Checks: The tool offers background check services, which can be useful for sales reps who need to verify the identity of potential customers or partners. This can help to reduce the risk of fraud or other issues.
- On-the-Go App: There is also a mobile app that allows sales reps to access contact information on the go. This can be useful for reps who are out in the field and need to quickly find contact information for a prospect or customer.
1Password is a password management tool that can help sales reps who need to manage multiple passwords for different accounts and services. By using 1Password, reps can get help with:
- Password Security: 1Password allows sales reps to generate strong, unique passwords for each of their accounts, which can help to protect against security breaches and hacking attempts.
- Access to Passwords on the Go: With 1Password’s mobile app, sales reps can access their passwords on the go, even if they are away from their computer. This can be useful for reps who need to access their accounts while they are out in the field.
- Shared Passwords: You can use it to share passwords with team members, which can be useful for teams who need to collaborate on accounts or services. This can help to streamline communication and ensure that team members have access to the passwords they need.
- Time Savings: By using 1Password, sales reps can save time that would otherwise be spent searching for or resetting passwords. This can allow reps to focus on their sales efforts and be more productive overall.
Zapier is a powerful automation tool that can help sales reps in the field by automating tedious and time-consuming tasks. It’s flexible with a lot of options, and it can help with:
- Data Entry: You can use Zapier to automate the process of adding new leads, contacts, or accounts to a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, such as Salesforce or HubSpot. This saves sales reps time by eliminating the need to manually enter data.
- Lead Generation: Zapier also automates the process of capturing new leads from various sources, such as web forms, landing pages, and social media platforms. For example, a sales rep can create a zap that automatically adds new leads from a Facebook lead ad to their CRM. This helps sales reps stay on top of new leads and ensures that no potential customers fall through the cracks.
- Email Follow-Up: And the app can be used for sending follow-up emails to prospects after a meeting or event. This can be done by connecting Zapier with an email marketing tool, such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact, and setting up a zap that sends a follow-up email to a specific group of prospects. This helps sales reps stay engaged with their prospects and can increase the likelihood of closing a deal.
SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO
See how SalesRabbit will help you cut costs, save time, and close more deals
Get the Most Out of SalesRabbit with Integrations
Already using SalesRabbit? Out of the box, the app is an incredible part of our outside sales platform, but did you know we’ve also got tons of powerful integrations? No matter what industry you’re selling in or how involved your process is, we evolve to provide solutions for you.
SalesRabbit: With You from Lead to Close
Sales Territory Planning Made Easy (Software & Examples)
Top Tool for Sales Activity Tracking-Ditch Excel Spreadsheets