We’ve officially integrated with one of the most powerful CRM’s in the game. Our sales software is only enhanced with the HubSpot integration to save you time on tedious tasks and improve customer relationships. Check out what both of our companies offer, what the integration does for you, and where to set it up.
HubSpot is a free CRM for businesses to track their growth. This CRM provides you with knowledge bases, automatic emails, business analytics and lead generation to help improve your business without compromise. This software funnels lead data into email marketing campaigns for you and creates email templates for a personalized touch. HubSpot’s a very marketing friendly software that’ll help you develop all the necessary professional qualities of successful companies. As a result, you’re given what you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers. And yes, it’s 100% free. Forever.
Why is this integration important?
This integration is quite robust and has many options for data transfers:
SalesRabbit to Hubspot:
- Create or update contacts in HubSpot
- Eliminate duplicate data entry
- Create meetings, add notes, and attache files to a Contact
- Option to automatically create a deal along with creating the Contact
- Can also assign the Contact / Deal to a HubSpot user (based on mapping out HubSpot Contact Owner ID’s in SalesRabbit)
- Map out custom lead fields in SalesRabbit to update fields on the Contact and/or Deal in HubSpot
Hubspot to SalesRabbit:
- Create a lead in SalesRabbit when a Contact is created in HubSpot
- Update the status of a lead in SalesRabbit based on updating certain Deal Stage(s) or the Lead Status(s) of a Contact in HubSpot (statuses are customizable by user)
What data is transferred into HubSpot?
- First Name
- Last Name
- Alternate Phone
- Street Address
- Postal Code
- Appointment Time / Date
- Custom Fields
The following steps are required to set up the HubSpot integration through the SalesRabbit Marketplace.
Note: This integration is only available to customers on SalesRabbit’s Pro or Enterprise membership plans. Additionally administrative access is required in order to access API keys and other credentials/settings in configuring this integration.
Part 1: Add Custom Fields in HubSpot and SalesRabbit
- In your HubSpot account, click the Settings (gear icon) in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- In the Select an object section, click the dropdown menu and select Contact properties.
- In the upper right, click “Create property” button.
- In the right panel, set up your property:
- Object type: “Contact”
Group: “Contact information”
Label: SR ID
- Click Next.
- Field Type: Single-line text.
- “Show in forms” (optional).
- *You can add other custom fields following this same process. If you want to create a field on a deal you’d make the Object type: “Deal” and the Group: “Deal information.”
- Navigate to Contacts > click on a Contact.
- In the left panel, click “View all properties”.
- Open the Contact information section and find the custom field you just added, as you hover over it you’ll see an Add to Your View button, click that.
- Now you’ll be able to see that custom field populate with information from SalesRabbit.
- *You can do the same with Deal properties for Deals
Add the following custom lead field under Settings > Custom Lead Fields
Part 2: Form Creation
Create a New Form under Settings > Form Builder. Make a section called Contact Details and import the following Lead fields.
First Name, Last Name, Email, and Hubspot Deal ID are required, the other fields are optional. You can add other custom fields as you like.
Click on “Publish” Button and confirm.
Part 3: Configure HubSpot Integration
Setting up this integration can seem complicated but the instructions below and as you’re going through the configuration should be helpful. Most of the configuration options are optional so feel free to use as many or as few of the features as you’d like.
Navigate to the Marketplace under “Integrations” (Must have admin access).
Select the HubSpot Integration Card
Navigate to the “Configuration” tab and click “Enable”
Select the published form(s) from the dropdown list and click “Next”
Next, click on the Hubspot connector where a new authentication window will pop up.
Within the “Create a new authentication” window: name the authentication what you’d like, i.e. “HubSpot”. You can ignore the “Developer API key” and “API key” fields, click Create.
Another window (SalesRabbit Oauth) will open where you can finish the connection with your HubSpot account.
SalesRabbit to Hubspot
Email Opt In:
HubSpot requires that all email addresses sent to their system have the address owner’s opt in permission to receive emails from your business. Please train your reps to notify customers that when providing their email address, they are opting in to receive communication from your business. Otherwise, you can uncheck the box and leave it blank so that email addresses aren’t passed over to HubSpot.
Configure whether or not you’d like a deal to be created: if you do check the box and want a deal created, selecting a Default Deal Pipeline will be required for it to work properly. For the deal stage you can either use the dropdown to select a Default Deal Stage OR check the box to have the deal stage be set to whatever the lead status name is in SalesRabbit at the time the form is submitted.
Note: For the latter option you will need to ensure that the lead status names in SalesRabbit match the Deal Stages in HubSpot, if they don’t match then the deal won’t be created at all. You’ll want to manage your lead statuses in SalesRabbit to match your deal stages in HubSpot.
If you select a default deal stage and check the box it will default to the SR Lead Status not the default deal stage.
If you’d like files from the SalesRabbit leads (i.e. photos, contracts) to show up as attachments to the Contact in HubSpot then you’ll need to create a folder in HubSpot and add the Folder ID.
Here’s how to get that ID:
- In HubSpot click on Marketing > Files and Templates > Files.
- Click “Create folder”
- Click on the folder you just created
- In the URL, at the end, you should see something like “…folderId=50065304863”
- Copy that string of numbers and paste it in the configuration window
If you have custom fields that you’d like to fill out on the form in SalesRabbit these can be associated with and populate fields within the Contact or Deal in HubSpot. You can set up those mappings in this section of the configuration.*Note: depending on the field type, HubSpot can be picky on what it accepts. i.e. sending text to a number field, i.e. if you want to map to a HubSpot dropdown field: you can’t send anything to that field that doesn’t match exactly.
“Single line text” is the most flexible field you can use in HubSpot as it will accept whatever is sent to it.
Essentially, if you use more specific field types, you’ll want to make sure what’s being sent from SalesRabbit matches appropriately with what the HubSpot field can accept.
There is a drop down that will dynamically populate the SalesRabbit custom fields available and for the HubSpot Contact fields it should do the same thing.
Map the fields that should populate the contact fields.
For the Deal fields, there isn’t a drop down for the HubSpot side so you’ll have to get the integration key for each field from HubSpot and paste it instead.
Here’s how to do that:
- In HubSpot account, click the Settings (gear icon) in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- In the Select an object section, click the dropdown menu and select Deal properties.
- Search for the deal property and click “Edit” once you find it.
- In the Edit property menu, click on the “</>” on the right side.
- Copy the unique identifier underneath Internal name, i.e. “cool_field_name”
- Paste that unique identifier in the HubSpot Deal Custom Fields field > then click on it to select it.
- Repeat for each custom Deal field.
Hubspot to SalesRabbit
Decide whether you’d like a Lead to be created in SalesRabbit when a Contact is created in HubSpot, if you check the box be sure to also add a default lead owner and lead status for those leads.
Contacts that were created via the integration can also update the lead status in SalesRabbit when the Contact Lead Status or the Deal Stage (of a Deal associated with that Contact) are updated.
The name of the status or stage will need to match that of the SalesRabbit lead status exactly in order for those updates to work properly. i.e. SR Lead Status: “Closed – Won”, HubSpot Deal Stage: “Closed – Won”
Auto Create/Update HubSpot Contacts
Check the box if you want Contacts to be created or updated automatically when a certain lead status is selected. If you check
You have a lot more control of when a Contact is created if you use the form submission method along with more robust options (i.e. adding files, creating a deal). This automatic method will automatically create or update one and can add a note to it. Depending on your preference, one may be better than the other.
You can then select the lead status(es) that you’d like to act as trigger for those Contact creations/updates.
Note: If you wish to disable or reconfigure this integration at any time you can do so by clicking “Disable” or “Reconfigure” respectively. Additionally, if the integration is currently live you should see an “enabled” indicator on the integration.
Part 4: Set up External ID’s in SalesRabbit (optional)
By default, the Contacts and Deals in HubSpot will be unassigned, however if you want them assigned to a HubSpot user then you can map that user’s HubSpot Contact Owner ID to a SalesRabbit user following these instructions:
1. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of HubSpot.
2. Click on Properties in the left hand menu.
3. Within the select an object menu, select: “Contact properties”
4. Search for “Contact owner”
5. Click on “Contact owner”
6. Upon entering the Edit Property screen for the Contact owner, you’ll see user’s names with a number to the right of them i.e. 12345678, this is their owner ID that we’ll map to their user in SalesRabbit.
7. Go to SalesRabbit > Users > click on a user > in the bottom right corner paste the associated owner ID in the External ID field and click the “+” sign or hit enter (screenshot). Now if that user submits a form the contact will be assigned to them in HubSpot.
Your HubSpot integration should now be live and allow you to create leads in HubSpot through form submission! If you have any issues or problems please reach out to support or your CSM for help configuring this integration.
Access this Integration
If you’re interested in using any of these powerful integrations, any and all of these integrations can be set up through our Help Center portal, the Integration Marketplace or by reaching out to your account CSM or support team at email@example.com 801-418-9009.