Check out how to import sales leads into your SalesRabbit account
Importing sales data is an important step to any successful sales process. If you’re already a SalesRabbit user, you can use this simple 7 step guide to go over how to import a .CSV file as Leads in our database. Please note, the ability to access, and delete, from the import list is only available to those that have the “Data Import” permission enabled in their SalesRabbit account.
7 Step Process for Importing Lead Data:
Step 1. Navigate To The Import Screen
To access the Import screen, go the SalesRabbit navigation bar, click on Sales Hub>Import>Upload
Step 2. Preparing Your File To Upload
Before you start the import process, make sure that your file is organized properly and correctly formatted (example pictured below).
The file must have appropriate column headers, be in a .csv format, and at the very least have the columns Address, City, State, Zip Code. Those columns will enable the lead to appear on the map once imported.
Note: In the “Address” column you must have the house number and street address combined and the street type in its appropriate abbreviation. (i.e. 45 Washington St)
Step 3. Uploading Your Lead File
- Select .CSV File- Click “Choose File” to browse your computer for your import .csv file.
- Select an Import Type- Select “Leads” if you are uploading leads.
- Use a Saved Matching Template: is optional and will not be used on your first import.
Step 4. Mapping Your Fields
On the “Match Fields” page you will be able to see all of your files columns and pick what you would like to import. Upon advancing to this page, SalesRabbit will read the column names of your file. If the columns are titled the same as a SR field, it automatically match them to the fields in SalesRabbit ,
In the example below, you will see the automatically matched fields shown with an “AUTO” green checkmark.
If the column headers do not automatically match, an orange X will appear next to the field. This indicates the the column (and thus its information) are not currently matched to a respective field within SalesRabbit.
**Note: Any fields that are not matched to a field will not be included in the import.**
If a column from your file is not mapped, it is indicated as an orange X and it will not be imported.
- If you would like a columns data to be imported into SalesRabbit you may need to connect it to a field in SalesRabbit manually. You can do this by clicking on the drop down box on the right-hand side, and selecting the field you wish to map the data to. This will change the X to a checkmark. (example below Phone Number -> Primary Phone)
Once you have finish mapping your desired fields, click “Next” in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 5. Matching Values
On the “Match Values” page you will be able to see what values have been automatically mapped, and which ones need to be have a value assigned.
- Lead Owner- If your .csv file has a column for who the leads will be assigned to (and you matched that column to the “Lead Owner” Field in the Match Fields step) then under Lead owner will appear the names of the lead owners. Then you will be able to click on the drop downs next to their names on “Select Value” to view the list of reps that you can assign these leads to.
Note: “If you do not have a column in your .csv file for rep names who are assigned to the leads then you will only be able to choose one rep to assign all of the uploaded leads to.“
- Lead Status- This allows you to assign the uploaded leads a lead status. “If you do not have a column in your .csv file that gives each lead a status and matched it to the Sales Rabbit field then you will only be able to assign one status for all of the leads.“ However, if you do have statuses in your .csv file, then you will be able to assign multiple lead statuses to those leads in this section.
- Hit “Next” when you have completed the match values steps
Step 6. Reviewing Your Import
On this final page, you can preview how the information will be uploaded for each lead.
- On the left side, you will see an example lead with the fields you matched.
- On the right side, you might see in red any errors that may exist on your file. The system will mark any data that is formatted differently as a potential error. If an item is marked as red it will not show up in the app when imported.
If you have errors you will need to adjust how your data is formatted. After making your adjustments you will need to restart the import process. For example, you might need to remove the formatting from phone numbers so they are just the numbers.
If the data is appearing how you’d like it to, you can click “Import” in the upper right-hand corner.
Step 7. Click Submit
- Attention: Any files that do not have Latitude and Longitude will be geocoded through Google Maps. The geocoding process can take multiple minutes to complete.
If your leads need to be geocoded they will first appear in the app under the “List View” but once they receive their Latitude and Longitude they will be appear in the “Map View” on your mobile device.
More Help Center Articles
If you liked this article and want to see what other guides we have, login to our Help Center and get unlimited SalesRabbit resources. Or to learn more about what we can do for you and your sales process, schedule a demo for free or contact our support team at (801) 418-9009 or email them at email@example.com for assistance on an existing account.