Use these 5 hacks to create an awesome sales deck
Sales decks are a great resource for sales reps that are pitching to a new customer. Whether you already have one or you’re looking to learn more about what they are and what they do, we talk about what a sales deck is, why it’s important, and share 5 tips that we find useful when creating or editing a sales deck to make it more effective. Check out everything you need to know about sales decks now!
What is a Sales Deck?
A sales deck is a slide presentation (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) used to supplement a sales pitch. A sales deck shown by a salesperson to a prospect often includes an overview of the product or service, offers a value proposition and solution for the prospect, and includes examples of success stories from other clients.
Why is it Important?
The purpose of a sales deck is to supplement your sales pitch in a way that provides the potential customer with everything they need to know about your company and product. Ideally, this will lead to them confidently purchasing from you.
5 Tips for Creating a Superior Sales Deck
There are a lot of ways you can go about making a sales deck. Some prefer PowerPoint, while others take another approach with Keynote or Prezi. No matter the program you use to make your sales deck, there are some hacks and tricks you can use to make sure it’s a strong, valuable asset to your overall pitch to the customer.
- Create a useful overview. Customers want to know how your service can make their lives easier so the first thing you want to do is introduce a common problem, followed by a value proposition, and finally a solution that your services provide. Richter is a perfect example of making their opening statement a relatable problem that their customer is going to have. This gets the customer initially hooked when they segway into their proposition and solution.
- Have a strong brand identity. Using the same colors, logo, and theme the entire sales deck is a great way to make it look clear, professional, and stylish. Salesforce does a great job of using the same colors and font throughout their entire sales deck. They don’t need to be flashy to get their point across, they remain sleek and professional which is more appealing when making sales decks.
- Keep it straightforward. Whether you include 5 slides of 20, as long as you’re covering information that is clear, relevant, and useful to the potential customer it will be well received. LeadCrunch presents a common and basic sales deck that is ideal for a customers to digest despite it being 21 slides.
- Have a strong opening statement backed by data. Using a bold statement like “Snapchat is the best way to reach 13 to 34 year-olds.” This is a clear purpose that Snapchat serves which they then back up with research and data points.
- Focus on information the customer wants to hear and less about your accomplishments. It’s great to prove that you’re a great rep or company, but all the customer really cares about is what you’ll do to help them and why they should give you money. So make sure to always connect what you say to what’s relevant for them. We all know Tumblr, in their sales deck they focus less on slides and more on straightforward content that the customer wants to hear.
What Will Your Sales Deck Look Like?
We gave you 5 presentation hacks to improve your sales deck, so which of these do you find most valuable? Have any of these affected your sales deck if you already have one? If you’re struggling with where to start, check out a bunch of the presentation and proposal tools that SalesRabbit has to make sure your sales deck and pitch are ready for customers.