Customer experience is crucial for a successful business in 2020
There are a lot of different factors that go into having a successful business. One of the largest components that’s often overlooked is the customer experience. Too often we create a great experience for customers during the buying process, but forget about them once they’ve signed a deal. But there are several key benefits to having a positive customer experience that affects your company now and far into the future. Having great interactions with your customers can make or break your company’s reputation and success.
Why is Customer Experience Important?
If you haven’t considered the importance of customer experience yet, here are some stats about the significant role it plays:
- Companies that made customer experience a priority are three times more likely than their peers to have significantly exceeded business goals in 2019.
- Customer experience drives more than two-thirds of customer loyalty, outperforming brand and price combined.
- 42% of consumers worldwide will pay more for a friendly, welcoming experience. In the U.S., 65 percent of customers believe a positive experience with a brand is more important than good advertising.
This provides a new angle to improve your business beyond sales and marketing strategies. Sales and marketing strategies are important, but having a good customer experience can benefit your company and its reputation in several ways. When you have a positive rapport with your customers, they will give you continued business and referrals as a result. These referrals usually outperform the majority of other lead types anyway, so it’s worth the investment.
How to Improve Your Customers Experience
You should think about your own customers and cater to their unique situation, but here are some general tips for creating a great customer experience:
- Always give the opportunity for quick communication.
- Set up customer experience analytics.
- Personalize your approach.
- Offer free swag often.
- Be proactive to solve problems before they happen.
- Use more than an email campaign.
- Listen to suggestions from your customers.
- Feature your customers success stories.
Use It Out Now
When it comes down to it, customer experience is about human connection and creating a bond. The longer you wait to improve your customer experience, the longer your company will be lacking in success. It’s time you start focusing more on what makes your customer happy and give them the best experience you can so they can give you the best reviews and business that they can.